Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Diligently

One of my favorte words du jour.  I seem to be using this word a lot lately. Just this morning, I used it when praising my 6 year old for studying so consciencously for his spelling test.  That will be the subject for another posting.  I told him I was proud of his dligent work. He knew exactly what I meant, unlike some of those in my 6th grade class. They said I always use big words and this is true.   As already established I am a fan of using big words. I think they are more precise in meaning and besides that they are just fun to use. Perhaps because I so consistently use big words my 1st grader has a descriptive and receptive vocabulary that is off the charts when they test him. I like to think that my nature and nurture have contributed to that.

Diligently

adjective
1.
constant in effort to accomplish something; attentive and persistent in doing anything: a diligent student.
2.
done or pursued with persevering attention; painstaking: a diligent search of the files.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment