Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Earthquake

Earlier this morning I was working away when I happened to feel the house shake briefly. I thought to myself "oh it is just the wind".  I do happen to currently live in Oklahoma- "Where the wind comes rushing through." Then the house shook again, as I continued to work I kept on waiting for the impending sonic boom. I thought that perhaps the air force was on maneuvers. No BOOM . The dogs, all four of them continued to sleep peacefully. As I continued to work I thought to myself hmm, I will have to google what makes a house shake.  Surely there had to be a reasonable explanation.


 About that time the local weather guy came on the TV screen.  He explained that we had had an earthquake. IN OKLAHOMA. Now this is our third earthquake of some magnitude this year, and possibly the 3 strongest in history. About a 5.2 on the Richter scale, depending on who you talk to. Now I am aware that there is a seismograph station about 20 miles from our house. Turns out we had the biggest quake of the week so far. 

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/

No comments:

Post a Comment